Vario Screen Deflector
Part Number: 8162310
Not currently in stock.
An Enduro such as the HP2 needs this type of screen to secure the start number in competitions, to improve the appearance and increase wind protection. The Wunderlich “Vario” screen for the HP2 is the result of a close cooperation between Team Wunderlich rider Dirk Thelen, designer Bart van den Bogaard and the Wunderlich development team. The screen successfully underwent severe testing during several endurance tests conducted in Spain and France plus a few races (Baja Qatar, Rally Agadir and Kempenich).
Much more than just a wind shield! Check out these impressive features:
• Protection and support for instruments and headlight.
• Easier to read instruments both at high speed and off-road.
• Intricate bracket also provides additional support for the instruments.
• Ideal size for start number attachment.
• Good wind protection for rider despite its small size.
• Fully adjustable: Not only the angle but also the distance to instruments can be changed. This allows most devices (Roadbook, Tripmaster, GPS) to be placed behind it.
• Special multi-purpose device bracket included, 3 slotted holes allow fitting of many devices safely behind the screen.
• Easy and fast adjustment.
• Silver colored ABS plastic with a paint-like, clear coated surface. Can be painted if desired.
This item fits the following BMW bike models:
Average Customer Rating: (Based on 1 reviews)
Already purchased this item? Write a customer review
|The best part of this product is the mount. very good fit to the bike, strong, provides a great backing to the shield and a perfect place for my GPS. However, the plastic of the shield is sub-standard. it has pitted fairly badly, which is really only a cosmetic problem. Worse is that it is developing hundreds of small cracks around the edges. These are starting to split and it won't be long before the screen is not usable. i may make a fiberglass replacement, using the original as a mold. Another option is the carbon fiber version... maybe it would be a bit more durable. Right now, money is tight, so it will probably be the home-made one for me. :^\|