Blue Air Filter
Part Number: 8120017
Available for immediate delivery
“Blue” air filters for BMW were specially made for Wunderlich by Green, a major European filter manufacturer with motor sport experience and excellent production methods. The filters are made to a very high standard to ensure the best airflow and cleaning properties. They enjoy better air flow than many similar filter types, the low pressure manufacturing process ensures that there is very little spillage of the black plastic into the woven cotton sheets (more spillage = less filtering area)
A few facts:
• Deep pleats in the double-layered cotton create a 10-20% increase in filtration surface. This increase allows a greater volume of air to move more freely into your engine’s cylinders.
• Blue uses 2 layers of woven cotton compared to most other brands that use 4 layers of cotton gauze. There are 3 main benefits to woven cotton: it’s thinner, holds oil better, and is stronger.
• Blue filter’s rubber moldings are perfect around the edges with no wasted surface area. Using this very efficient process, the air flow is greater than the same size filter that is mold injected.
• Blue Long Life Performance Filters are designed to be oiled. The oil creates a positive (+) magnetic charge with the mesh, which attracts the negatively (-) charged dust particles. The dust and dirt builds around the mesh to form a tunnel. This allows the cotton to remain cleaner for maximum flow.
• Normal servicing every 20 000 miles or once a year. In very dusty conditions re-oiling or servicing may be needed.
• Pleat design: The filters have pleats that are parallel to the width. This makes the filter more rigid and stronger and reduces air leaks.
• Stainless steel mesh on both sides
• Custom Fitment Tabs (for square filters only). Plastic air-boxes can warp out of shape or even distort from the heat radiated from the engine. These tabs also benefit the filter by centering and aligning it in the air box, so the filter is evenly sealed.
• Easy to install, just replace the original with Blue Filter
• 1 Million km warranty
Please Note: The K1300S requires two air filters and K1300R requires only one air filter. Please order accordingly.
For BLUE filter cleaner and oil, please see the Related Products tab.
Average Customer Rating: (Based on 1 reviews)
Already purchased this item? Write a customer review
|Well made and fits tightly into the filter cage. Was a little dissapointed that it was not a cone shape as I've since seen from another manufacturer. The cone would give the filter a bigger surface area.|