Remus Stainless Header
If you truly want to save weight and achieve an optimum
performance curve, you can go far with the header
• Performance gain nearly over the entire rpm range and much higher peak performance (a performance enhancement of up to 14 HP and 10 NM can be achieved with a free-flowing sport exhaust system plus the PerformanceController)
• Low weight as it has no catalytic converter or balance pipe.
• Strong sound (approx. 5 dB more).
• Optimized exhaust gas flow.
• With provision to bolt the oxygen sensor in (no modifications of vehicle).
• Easy to install.
• Extremely strong system from satin-finish V4A stainless steel.
• Matched to original, Remus and Wunderlich silencers, but other aftermarket silencers fit as well.
• On the 2010 and later version, the header is designed such that the original exhaust flap valve is retained
Because the performance-reducing catalytic converter is removed, the vehicle can also be driven with "leaded" fuel.
For all R1200 GS and Adventure models.
Please Note: NOT FOR SALE IN CALIFORNIA.
Sorry, but we cannot ship this part to California! No exceptions!
This item fits the following:
- R1200 GSA (2005 - 2013)
- R1200 GS (2004 - 2012)
Average Customer Rating: (Based on 3 reviews)
Write a product review
|I added this header to a bike already equipped with a Remus exhaust cannister, blue air filter, and power commander-type fuel-mixture manager. The addition of the header didn't change the exhaust note - but I did notice a small change in mixture was required (I had to lean the mixture out slightly). On installation, be careful on removal of the lambda sensors - spray with penetrating fluid and let soak overnight, if possible. I'm pleased with the overall mass reduction and improved performance. Well worth the costs. (installed on a 2008 R1200GSA with 40K miles - at 3200ft above sea level)|
|This product bolted up very well, and is quite well built. I did however have some difficulty getting the mid pipe and slip on lined up well. I can only assume the header is just a bit off because when I tried to fit my stock muffler just to test location, it was a ways from bolting up. A great improvement in power for the bike when coupled with the tuner and slip on! Great sound, not raspy nor too loud.|
|Wow , just wow. I have been reading about the performance benefits of a Remus header on the R12 generation bikes but this is really noticeable beyond my expectations. It is well made, light and has larger diameter tubing. I am using the stock canister right now because I was afraid it will be too loud but I hear it makes them only moderately louder but deeper sounding º with Hex Cans and their flex baffle deal. Perhaps I will ¡§spring¡¨ for that in march.|