Tank Bag- Elephant
Part Number: 1250920
Available for immediate delivery
Wunderlich “Elephant” Tank Bag
Can be fitted to many BMW models (See Applications tab above)
This tank bag has been carefully designed, utilizing more than 25 years of experience in tank bag design. We have developed an entirely new attachment system that is both secure and user friendly. A model specific base plate is first installed onto the bike and then the tank bag can be quickly attached by means of an inserted flap and a single, oversized clip. Installation and removal can be carried out with one hand and even while wearing gloves.
For those who own more than one BMW motorcycle, it is now possible to have one tank bag with multiple base plates, so that you can quickly and easily move the tank bag from one bike to the other.
Very important ordering information:
The tank bag is sold separately from the base plate! After purchasing a tank bag here, click on the Related Products tab above. Then select the base plate link and from there, select the appropriate base plate(s) for your bike(s).
Some facts about the “Elephant” tank bag:
• Expandable from 15 liters to 25 liters
• Interior dimensions (approximate): L x W: 25 x 25cm (10” x 10”) H: 20cm (8”) compressed, 30cm (12”) expanded
• Adjustable perimeter shock cord for maintaining tension on contents
• Easy access / removal for refueling
• Solid attachment and optimal paint protection through use of a base plate
• Base plate is also easily removed or it can be left in place without the tank bag
• Supplemental attachment points for extra security when off road riding
• Very Large, A4 (10” x 13”) removable and reversible map pouch, made of soft PVC-glass. Grippy, ergonomic zipper pulls allow easy opening of the 180 degree waterproof map pouch zipper, even while wearing gloves.
• YKK water resistant zippers with ergonomic pulls
• Protected interior compartment for a spare helmet visor.
• Roomy, functional side pouches with useful pouches inside
• E-Connect electrical wire pass through for audio or charger cables
• Crossed shock cords on top for quickly securing gloves, hat, etc.
• Blue interior lining adds additional water barrier and makes it easier to find small items
• Hard PVC reinforced walls that maintain the bags’ shape and protect the fabric
• Waterproof, Teflon-coated CORDURA weave material. Strong, abrasion and fade resistant
• Included shoulder straps allow the bag to be used as a backpack
• Ergonomic carrying handle
• Supplied in a high quality protective bag
• Tank bag sold separately from the base plate: If you get a new bike, you will only need to purchase a new base plate
• Made in Germany with some components sourced from other European countries.
• Available accessories: (see Related Products tab above)
- Organizer: Keeps your important belongings well organized for quick access. Spacious, removable and with practical compartments for your phone, pens, glasses, business cards, etc. A spot to store the organizer is incorporated into the top flap of the tank bag
- Cooler Bag: Keep perishables cool while on a ride or a couple of cold ones cold.
- Rain Cover: Highly recommended: Although the materials used in this tank bag are waterproof, if exposed to extended periods of rain, water can find its way through the seams. Exercise common sense when transporting valuables that can become damaged by water or moisture.
You also need to order the appropriate base plate to fit your bike under the Related Products tab.
Video under the HD Video tab above is in German, however it clearly demonstrates the operation and features of this tank bag, and it's worth watching even if you don't understand German. A video in English will be added as soon as available.
Average Customer Rating: (Based on 7 reviews)
Already purchased this item? Write a customer review
|I bought the Elephant tankbag and have been very pleased with it in all aspects: fit and finish are excellant, the required base fits well after a little adjustments to the straps, size and capacity seem perfect for either day touring or extended travel. The clear map pouch fits snug and doesn\'t flop in the wind. So far the bag has mounted on the bike (using the base plate) and held firm in position even in heavy cross winds. No need to use the additional strap clips. Overall - Very pleased.|
|I like the bag. The size is good though I have did not try it expanded as of this review, nor have I ridden in the rain. All workmanship and materials are high quality. I have been riding for 48 years; I like it!|
|Purchased it for my K1300GT and so far it works well. Only problem was installation. I bought the base for it and couldn't figure out where to route the strap towards the front of the bike. I called the Wunderlich office in the USA and they pulled a guy from the shop to describe exactly what to do, excellent customer service. I bought a cover for the bike as well now and looking to purchase the navigation mount. Excellent products that cost a bit more, but it is worth it.|
|Seems to be a very well made and thought out bag. Lots of features and I like the fact that it is expandable so the extra space is there if I need it but I can normally ride with the bag in its shorter configuration which makes it easy to see the gauges and my GPS.|
|Just road my new BMW F800gs 3200 miles across country in all sorts of weather...really appreciated my new elephant tank bag...really nice size...i never did expand it...AND the mounting system is incredibly well designed and made....I really appreciate not having the long straps dangling in various places that some other bags have.... weather protection was good... a little leakage around the seams on the map case...needs to be seam sealed...no point in a waterproof zipper if the seams next to it are porous... Other than that a really great product|
|The overall construction is superior to most of the bags I’ve used. I like the bright blue interior because it makes it easier to find items in low light conditions. The mounting system fits perfectly on my F800GS, better than any other I’ve seen or tried. Yes, the bag costs a bit more than some of the other brands but it is definitely money well spent. I’m very happy with the purchase.|
|MOUNTING BASE FITS PERFECT & TANK BAG SEAMS VERY WELL MADE, ALOT MORE USER FRIENDLY THEN BMW TANK BAG, LIKE THE SIDE COMPARTMENTS FOR SMALL ITEMS SO THEY WILL NOT GET LOSE IN TANK BAG.|