Wunderlich Ultimate Engine Bars
Made of Stainless Steel and available in: Black Powder Coat or Stainless Steel finish.
The BMW U.S. Rider Academy at the BMW Performance Center in Greer, South Carolina, is less than an hour away from us. We have ridden there and gotten to know the incredible team of professionals and enthusiasts that make it all possible.
Experiencing firsthand the beating the bikes take at the BMW Rider Academy motivated us to work with our design team at Wunderlich Germany to develop a unique engine protection bar for the R1250 GS, capable of enduring the worst punishment imaginable. After months of work and extensive testing, the Wunderlich Ultimate Engine bars were created and delivered to us in June 2022.
The engine bars were designed to allow an abundance of space between the bar itself and the engine parts without compromising cornering clearance. This intentional design feature allows the additional fitment of our valve cover guards with room to spare and can also accommodate the Option 719 valve covers*. Most importantly, even if the robust tubing were to bend from a hard impact, it's highly unlikely that contact would be made with the valve cover, unlike other engine bars we've seen.
*Please note: The option 719 valve cover Slider will need to be removed prior to installation. In addition, Option 719 valve covers the oil filler plug will be obscured, the right hand side bar will need to be loosened to perform an oil change.
The engine protection bar is made of 25 mm precision stainless steel tubing. The tube segments are formed on CNC tube bending machines and then carefully welded. Visually, the protective bar is integrated into the design of the motorcycle and underlines its striking appearance.
With Wunderlich engine protection bars, the focus is on the protective function and the product design. That's why we also offer the protective bar in black and stainless steel. The clever engine protection is thus integrated into the design of your BMW.Details:
- Full protection for the cylinders and valve covers
- Plug-and-Play fit, so uncomplicated fitting is guaranteed!
- Includes Center Support Crossbar linking the two sides into one.
- The crash bar runs directly over the header (front view) and with the contour of the Boxer
- Uniform distribution of the forces over 5 attachment points on each side of the motorcycle.
- The surface of the un-coated stainless steel color version comes with a passive layer: if damaged, the surface can regenerate via exposure to oxygen itself
- Made with high quality stainless steel with high tensile strength and break elongation
- Detailed yet easy-to-understand fitting instructions
- No restriction of ground clearance
- Protects both oxygen sensors
- Minimal weight
- Made in Germany
- Only available from Wunderlich America