Lucas RAC Brake Rotor, Front
TRW Lucas brake rotors are made of extremely stable, hardened and tempered steel. The manufacturing process using precision laser cutting technology allows the lightweight disc to have complicated contours.
TRW Lucas is the market leader in Europe and the number one in Germany for aftermarket motorcycle brake components. TRW is certified according to ISO 9001 and also ISO/TS 16949, the latest quality standard within the international automotive industry so you can be assured of top quality!
TRW Lucas brake rotors have been tested and approved for unrestricted use by the German transportation authority and you can be confident that this part meets or exceeds original BMW specifications. This brake rotor is an excellent alternative to the much more expensive original BMW part and in fact, it's a nice upgrade in braking performance and long term reliability.
- The special distinctive shapes of the edge allow the disc to "grow" outwards when heated up (instead of distorting the disc).
- Increased surface area allows more heat to dissipate.
- Constant change of contact area between disc and pad reduces the "grabbing" effect, clears water and dirt faster from the pads.
- Special surface grinding process eliminates vibration, but also improves the bedding in of the brake pads (tolerance is less than 1/100 mm).
- Special surface treatment protects the disc from corrosion.
- The even built up and dissipation of heat allows constant pad pressure and ensures even wear of pads and subsequent long pad life.
- TÜV approved.
- Made in Germany
Please Note: When changing discs it is strongly recommended to change the brake pads as well. Also, make sure to fit and secure the disc bolts with thread locking fluid!
Important installation information: For models up to 11/2007 production you can re-use your original hardware when installing these brake rotors. However, because the bushings do wear (and sometimes rust) we recommend that you also order one Installation set per brake rotor ordered.
Please Note: For models produced after 12/07 the additional purchase of the install set is required to attach these rotors!
Please see the Related Products for the correct install sets.
Please order one install set per brake rotor.