Sportego Bar Conversion Kit
We have developed an exclusive, adjustable tapered handlebar conversion of the highest quality for the K1200 and K1300 S, R and K1200 R Sport models. The upper fork bridge reveals some technical innovations that have never been seen in this form.
- The upper fork bridge has two threaded holes that actually serve as connectors for the hydraulic lines. The original hydraulic lines need not be replaced for longer ones or re-routed and they also do not obstruct or chafe the instruments. (Saves workshop time and costs)
- Quick and easy conversion: Replace the upper fork bridge, attach the controls to the new handlebar, attach the original brake lines beneath the clamp and install the upper (supplied) lines between to top of the bridge and the controls, bleed, and you're ready to go. Our tip: ABS vehicles should only be bled by a BMW dealer). Click on the installation instruction link for complete details.
- Up to 30 mm adjustment range for perfect ergonomics
- Mount for tapered handlebars (29 mm diameter): Guaranteed maximum stability for further enhanced steering precision and an optimum absorption of forces (impacts/vibrations).
- Individually adjustable, rubber steering stops can be adapted to all fairing screens etc. and also prevent damage to frame
- Strong aluminum (AL 7075 T6), the preferred type for aerospace applications.
- Intricately machined on several planes.
- Extremely warp-resistant: Before the yoke has buckled by even one millimeter even a tapered handlebar will have bent by 10 centimeters!
- Approved by the very strict German TÜV.
- Made in Germany.
This fascinating premium quality conversion enhances the appearance of your "K" and also improves the ergonomics and the overall riding experience. The "Power-Sportego" upper triple clamp includes hydraulic lines, handlebar clamps, adjustable steering stops, hardware and complete instructions.
Handlebars are sold separately We carry both Rizoma handlebars and ABM handlebars, both are available under the Related Products.
K1200/1300 R and K1200 R Sport owners, please Note: It will be necessary to also replace the throttle cable with a longer cable, available under the Related Products.
K1200 R models require throttle cable part number 8410120
K1300 R models require throttle cable part number 8601329