My Cart: 0 item(s)
Description Instructions Reviews Bike Fitment
Valve Cover Guards
Life insurance for the exposed and damage-prone cylinder head covers!The goal was to create a strong and robust guard, offering outstanding protection but with an elegant, unobtrusive appearance. This could not be achieved to our standards by simply forming a single piece of aluminum. The result of extensive testing and design led to this intricate three piece design, where the impact point is protected by a 10 mm thick piece of machined billet aluminum, supported by an upper and lower piece of 3 mm thick hard anodized aluminum, each of which also protects the valve cover. The leading and trailing edges of the valve cover are protected by a double layer of aluminum and therefore have 6 mm of aluminum protection. Two of the three mounting points also benefit from this two layer design, making the attachment points of these covers particularly robust. The original plastic protectors usually shatter at minor incidents or simply fold back, we recommend fitting these protectors as a preventive measure. During the development and testing of this part (road/off-road/track using several bike models with the customary slides and falls) we never had to use the emergency rubber cap.
- Sold as a complete set for the left and right side.
- Replacement contact pads are available under the Related Products. Protection from impacts, falls and slides
- No more grinding of holes in cover.
- Protects the cylinder head cover from moving and destroying the bolt threads in the cylinder (cover attachment to head is "floating", without protection it could move at impact).
- Protection for the front attachment bolt.
- Load is spread over many points via flexible 3M rubber bumpers.
- No bolts etc at the front impact area.
- Thick billet, replaceable slide pad on each side.
- 3 major double strength attachment points.
- Hard anodized aircraft-spec aluminum alloy.
- Spark plugs can be reached without dismantling.
- Easy to fit.
Important fitment information: These protectors are specially designed to fit 2010 and later R1200 RT models.
Write a review
5/5 Stars out of 1 Review
ben collins (friday harbor , wa) | March 15th, 2015
I added these to my RT and I feel that they would do a good job protecting the cylinder head in the event of a fall. It seems to be a good investment given the cost of replacing damaged heads. The installation was straightforward and took about 30 minutes.
BMW R1200 RT
2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013