Oil Cooler Guard
The oil cooler is well positioned for the onrushing air stream; however, anything that is carried by this stream finds its way into the cooler. Stones, mud, insects and grime fill up the delicate fins of the cooler or, even worse, cause it to leak. Cleaning a dirty cooler requires extensive and time-consuming labor, and usually results in bent fins which never look the same afterwards. Finely meshed grills as used on these guards protect the cooler, ensure the cooling properties remain effective and are easy to clean. After cleaning, our mesh will always look as good as before.
- Best protection and best appearance.
- Blocks potential damage from reaching cooler
- Strong laser cut frame construction, does not flap.
- Anti vibration mounting points
- Anodized aluminum
- Easy to fit, complete with English instructions and fitting material.
- Can be fitted together with the Carbon Fiber Cooler Surround (see "Optics & Design" section for details) for best protection AND appearance.
Our tip: It's easy to remove accumulated fly squash with a damp cloth. Just lay the cloth against the grill for 30 minutes to allow the moisture to permeate the dirt for ease of removal.
Please note: The earlier version of this part that fit up to model years 2010 has been discontinued and is no longer available. This part will only fit the R1200 R model years 2011 - 2014.