Dakar Skid Plate, Black
As the result of cracking the engine case during early testing (with the original protection plate) we were compelled to design a stable plate that really protects the motor, headers and collector. Background: With the original protector, with hard ground contact or if the plate snags on something, the front mounts can shear off and the rear, solid mounts bend and are pushed into the engine case.
This plate is a vastly more substantial piece than the original part supplied with the bike. It not only provides excellent protection for the underside of the engine but for the exhaust headers and collector as well.
Also check out the Extreme skid plate which features increased ground clearance and double layered protection.
- Shaped to reduce the possibility of getting stuck maneuvering over high obstacles
- Long enough to protect the exhaust collector
- A direct replacement for the minimally proportioned original part
- No loss of ground clearance
- Made of 4mm thick aluminum
- No modifications needed to install
- Attaches to existing mounting points with rubber mounts
- Easy to install, includes all mounting hardware
- Made in Germany