The inlet assembly including duct, injector, connections and throttle sensor are always in danger of being torn off. Also, there have been several cases of someone finding it funny to remove the small black vacuum plugs on our long term testing bikes. Rain and moisture have entered the electrical connections, probably caused because of repeated contact with the boots or pants etc. Other than the protection provided by the covers they also provide much needed visual improvement. The whole mess of cables, connectors and components disappears behind the cover, and gives a nice transition from the cylinder head. Made of light, high quality tough ABS plastic. Available in matt "satin black" or silver (matches the color of the frame). The silver plastic is coated with a high gloss layer that gives it panels a paint like quality. Both can be painted, but special paint has to be used. Ask your local paint shop for details
• Protection for sensitive components (injectors, fuel line connections, inlet duct, throttle sensor etc.)
• Prevents accidental (or "hostile") unplugging or disconnecting of plugs and connectors)
• Prevents contact between riders legs, boots and components.
• Reduces risk of injuries to rider in case of fall.
• Shape of part makes it rigid and almost indestructible.
• ABS plastic material with two color versions available.
• Solid mounting system made of anodized aluminum brackets.
• Easy to attach, sold as a left and right side cover set complete with fitting kit
Installing these covers on a bike outfitted with the aluminum BMW Valve cover guards, (as are often installed on the Adventure model) may require some minor trimming to these plastic covers. Once modified, the covers cannot be returned.
Replacement snaps are available under the Related Products.