The "R" is another one of the Wunderlich designed engine protection bar line that started years ago with the 1150 GS. The silver coated engine protection bar has proved to be very popular with R riders, but due to customer requests it is now also available in black and chrome finish. When designing these bars we tried to combine aspects of safety + maintenance and ease of fitting together with aesthetics. The resulting bar has indeed many features that make it the preferred choice for the R rider:
• Initial installation requires removal of the tank, but is very straight forward(removal of front wheel is not needed but might make fitting easier).Detailed instructions + pictures included.
• Routine maintenance can be carried out without removal (cheaper servicing).
• It uses 6 mounting points but none are detrimental to the engine. The mounting points all act together when loads are applied to the bar and spread the load.
• The bars have special mounting points allowing the installation of additional lights
• Also available is a plastic protector for the sides (order separately under the Related Products tab)
• Cornering clearance not affected.
• Steel tubes + quality coating, available in silver, black or chrome coating.
• Plastic "hats" cover up nuts + thread ends (to help keep dirt away).
|R850 R||2003||2007||not for R 850 R Comfort|