The basic concept of the Original BMW hand guards is not bad at all. The steel reinforcement bar and the quality hardware is all good stuff. The protection offered by the plastic portion of the hand guards however, leaves room for improvement and that's where we come in.
If your bike is equipped with the Original BMW hand guards but you are not happy with the level of protection that they offer, this part deserves serious consideration. With these protectors, the original plastic part is replaced by a completely new, classy looking part that offers unequaled wind and weather protection, perfectly protecting hands and arms.
The aerodynamically sculpted extension directs the airflow into controlled channels, largely bypassing the hands. An astonishing side-effect: reduced turbulence means that the fingers don't get cold so quickly from below.
• Excellent wind and weather protection.
• Built-in brake and clutch fluid container protection.
• Fingers (and thumbs!), hands and forearms don't get cold.
• The protectors reduce turbulence behind them.
• Relief from stress and smoother air stream on the arms.
• Dynamic design (by Nicolas Petit).
• For the original hand protection bar of the F800 GS and 650GS (Twin)
Made of solid-colored black ABS plastic. The protectors are bolted to the original hand protection bar just like the original protectors. Supplied as a complete set (left and right) including fitting kit.
Requires that you have the Original BMW hand guard bars: BMW part number 71 60 7 714 661