The oil cooler of the K1300R is well positioned for the onrushing air stream, unfortunately, the result of this is that anything carried by this stream finds its way into the cooler. Stones, insects and grime fill up the delicate fins of the cooler and cannot be removed without extensive labor, and usually the cooler fins bend and never look the same again. This cooler screen uses a finely meshed stainless steel grill that ensures the cooling properties remain unaffected. The screen is easy to clean and after cleaning, the mesh will always look as good as before. Covering the exposed oil cooler with this screen will also positively transform the appearance of your bike! The frame consists of a two piece thermoformed ABS plastic assembly that firmly holds the screen in place. The frame is silver and has a smooth, shiny fish. It can be installed as is or it can be painted as shown in one of the images.
• Optimal protection with a well styled appearance
• Effective at protecting the oil cooler from damage
• Rigid, thermoformed ABS plastic frame, fits perfectly
• Anti vibration mounting points
• Strong high pressure bonding between mesh and frame
• Easy installation
• Complete with hardware and instructions.
• Can be painted if desired