With this part you'll be able to place your GPS in plain view and without obscuring any of the instruments or display information. Without the need to make the dangerous move of taking your eyes off the road for more than an instant, even in complicated traffic situations, a quick glance is now possible.
Other methods of mounting your navigator are often times a compromise, for example there's typically interference with a tank bag or access to the ignition key is hindered.
The kit includes an accessory outlet which is built into the main support bracket. It of course includes a complete wiring harness with an integrated fuse. This feature allows convenient power connection without the need to have wires running every which way.
• Your GPS is in the optimal field of vision
• Better, safer navigation
• Easier reach to the screen and GPS controls
• Adjustable: position your GP at any desired angle
• Easy installation with no drilling or other modifications to your bike
• Lightweight, anodized aluminum
• Integrated 12 V accessory outlet
• Compatible with most GPS units: TomTom Rider I & II, BMW Navigator, Garmin Zumo, All units that utilize the claw adapter, Any PDA (combined with our Mediabag) Camera, video recorder.......
• Complete installation kit with clear instructions
• Made in Germany
Perhaps not immediately noticeable, but a great deal of effort was invested in the design and to make this part easy to install.
Video under HD Video tab describes a similar part for the R1200 RT.
Please Note: If you have a Garmin 660, please check the back of the cradle. If the back of the cradle is stepped where the power wire exits, you should additionally order 4 of the rubber mounts that are available under the related products. Alternatively, you can use 4 - 10mm spacers that you may be able to make or acquire locally.