Navigation Lock for Central Locking System (US Version)
With a click of a button your BMW Navigation System is secure.
Tip: Watch the video for product demonstration and installation.
The BMW Navigation (4, 5 and 6) for the RT comfortably attaches to the cockpit with one click for use while riding. It's also just as easy to remove - including, unfortunately, by strangers. Unlike the GS and K1600 which have built in nav-protection, the RT is lacking in having a lock as standard equipment. This new navigation lock prevents this in a clever way. It simply joins the motorcycle's central locking system, which already controls locking of the storage compartments, side cases and top case.
When the central locking system is activated, a mechanical lock powered by a servo motor reliably locks the the navigator release mechanism. The navigation lock's servomotor attaches discretely beneath the shell of the navigation unit via a fitted steel bracket. The actuation and power supply wires are connected by means of original plug connectors. (linked into the central locking system by piggy-backing off of the actuator for the left or right glove box wire connection)
Unobtrusive and robust - now you can feel confident leaving your RT unattended with the Navigator still installed. On a bike with a key-less ignition the navigation is locked in place as soon as the key is out of range.Function
- US Version - with Sirius Satellite Radio antenna holder
- Smart, reliable lock for the BMW Navigator 4, 5 and 6
- Automatic locking of the Navigator unit on activation of the central locking system
- Automatic, reliable theft protection
- Uncomplicated attachment via the motorcycle's central locking system
- Plug and play connection via original plug connections
- No soldering and no permanent modifications required
- Easy installation
- Wunderlich premium product
- Made in Europe
NOTE: This product is only intended for R1200/1250 RT models which have the original BMW central locking system installed.
INSTALLATION TIP: The bracket to which the Satellite Radio antenna is originally attached needs to be removed during installation and it is no longer needed. It simply lifts straight up for removal.