R18 Gear Lever Enlargers
The BMW R 18 is downshifted/upshifted using the shift levers of the rocker switch that protrudes to the front and rear. It is well agreed upon that the shift lever, which is only 40 mm for the front and 25mm for the rear, is too short. Again and again, you look for it; sometimes, you hit it imprecisely, and unfortunately, slipping with the boot is inevitable.
Our gear lever extension replaces the standard front and rear levers. At 60 mm for the front and 50mm for the rear, they are 50% longer than the original! This measure not only makes switching gears noticeably more accessible, but it also makes it more convenient. This means a plus in operating safety, especially in situations where it matters. Like stock, our front gear shift lever can also be individually adjusted in height by +/- 15 mm via an eccentric.
We manufacture the adjustable gear lever extension from high-quality aluminum—high-gloss anodized black or chrome to match the R 18. The integrated rubber elements offer the best grip when changing gears and, at the same time, protect your motorcycle boots or shoes.
- Shift ergonomically comfortably and safely - with our 50% longer front & rear shift levers (60 mm instead of 40 mm) and (50mm instead of 25mm)
- The height of the front gear shift lever can be individually adjusted by +/- 15 mm by means of an eccentric
- The original gear lever is replaced by our extended, optimized version
- Rubber segments protect the motorcycle boots and improve grip when changing gears
- ONLY for models with a floorboard
- Black: High-quality aluminum, precisely processed, high-gloss black anodized
- Chrome: High-quality aluminum, precisely processed, surfaces highly polished
Front Gear Lever Dimensions:
- Length 60 mm
- Diameter ø 22.5 mm
Rear Gear Lever Dimensions
- Length 50 mm
- Diameter ø 22.5 mm
Your Wunderlich advantages
- Small batches. Made by hand.
- Functional and integrated.
- Made in Germany
Please Note: Exceptions to model/year fitment
|R18||2020||+||Fits only models with Footboards|
|R18 Classic||2021||+||Fits only models with Footboards|
|R18 Transcontinental||2022||+||Fits only models with Footboards|
|R18 B||2022||+||Fits only models with Footboards|