Valve Cover Guard Set 'Dakar'
Life insurance for the exposed and damage-prone cylinder head covers! The goal was to create a strong and robust guard, offering outstanding protection but with an elegant, unobtrusive appearance. This could not be achieved to our standards by simply forming a single piece of aluminum.
The result of extensive testing and design led to this intricate double layer design. 3 mm thick hard anodized aluminum provide excellent protection of the valve cover.
- Protection from impacts, falls and slides
- No more grinding of holes in cover.
- Protects the cylinder head cover from moving and destroying the bolt threads in the cylinder (cover attachment to head is "floating", without protection it could move at impact).
- Protection for the front attachment bolt.
- Load is spread over many points via flexible 3M rubber bumpers.
- No bolts etc. at the front impact area.
- 3 attachment points.
- Powder Coated aircraft-spec aluminum alloy.
- Spark plugs can be reached without dismantling.
- Sold as a complete set for the left and right side.
- Easy to fit
The original plastic protectors usually shatter at minor incidents or simply fold back, we recommend fitting these protectors as a preventive measure.
These guard are compatible with the Original BMW engine protections bars of the R1200 GS-LC and R1200 GS ADV-LC. To use in combination with the Wunderlich engine protection bars, part number 35611000 is required.
Please Note: Exceptions to model/year fitment
|R1200 GS||2017||2018||Not with original crash bar|
|R1200 GS Adventure||2014||2018||Can be mounted with original roll bar -08/2016|