A common problem with motorcycles, seasonal vehicles, power generators etc. that are not used regularly is a discharged battery. This battery tester is designed to be permanently connected to the battery so that the state of the battery can be determined quickly and easily without any additional tools or testers. It works by using a manual switch to read the battery charge level and this can be done while the ignition is on or off. Since the tester is operated via a switch, there is no permanent load or current draw caused by the device.
The following 5 charge levels are displayed by the microprocessor via 2 LED's:
- Continuously Green - Well charged (above 12.7 V)
- Flashing Green - OK charge (12.5 V - 12.7 V)
- Red/Green - Partial Charge (12.4 V - 12.5 V
- Flashing Red - Poor Charge (12.2 V - 12.4 V)
- Continuously Red - Very low or no charge, possible sulfated battery (below 12.2 V)
The waterproof tester is designed for universal installation on for example the handlebar, sub frame or under the seat with included cable ties. This is a high quality product - Made in Germany.
Dimensions of test module: 35 x 15 x 29 mm (1.4 x 0.6 x 1.15 inches)
Cable Length: 1.2 meter (47 inches)
Ring Connector size: 6mm
Waterproof Rating: IP46
Accuracy: +/- 1-2%