Wunderlich Valve Cover & Cylinder Protectors - Black (EURO5)
The cylinders on a Boxer BMW are exposed. Stone strikes, falls on terrain or when scraping a plastered wall as you maneuver in tight spaces make it easy to scratch the valve cover. Since the valve covers are mounted solely using force locking, there is a risk that the valve cover can be displaced relative to the cylinder head after any violent impact and the elaborate valve drive can be pulled along with it in certain instances. This is why the additional protection of the valve cover is of particular importance. We have developed a set of effective protectors for this purpose. These are characterized by the fact that they fit precisely to the valve cover with a tight gap dimension. This requires precise manufacturing.
The protector is made of a high-strength aluminum. Its protective component rigidity results from its three-dimensional edged shape and the generous component thickness of 3 mm. On the inside facing the valve cover, we have structurally integrated segments with a high-temperature-resistant elastic material. These segments are impact-absorbing in terms of their Shore hardness*. Their equally supportive and protective effect ensures that when external forces occur, they are absorbed evenly across the segments and distributed to three solid attachment points per protector to prevent peak loads.
The high-quality design and function of the protectors are rounded off by a 16 mm thick, integrated and replaceable abrasive pad. In the event of an accident, it serves as protection to prevent the valve cover from grinding through and the oil loss that this inevitably entails. In this way, the protectors help to reduce or prevent the risk of consequential damage. In many cases, they allow the vehicle to be ridden again without hindrance after a accident. Installation is easy with the included mounting kit.
*) indicator for the material hardness of elastomer and elastic polymers
- Precision manufactured, contour fit with small gap dimensions
- Reduces or avoids the risk of expensive consequential damage, especially damage that makes it impossible to continue riding
- Reliable protection of the valve cover against the consequences of stone strikes, against damage from a fall or when maneuvering
- Reduces or avoids the risk of valve cover displacement when force is applied and the risk of damaging the valve drive or threads in the cylinder head
- 16 mm thick integrated abrasive pad, as protection against grinding through the valve cover in the event of a fall
- Avoidance of peak loads by evenly dividing the occurring forces among three solid mounting points
- Structurally integrated, internally positioned, shock-absorbing segments
- Integrated design that fits into the layout of the motorcycle
- Protector for the right and left side including mounting kit
- Aluminum, high strength, precision machined
- High quality finish with integrated shock absorbing segments
- Grinding pad insert as protection against abrasion
- Material thickness of the aluminum: 3 mm
- Grinding pad: 16 mm
- Hard anodized in black
- Integrated and functional design
- Wunderlich premium product
- Produced in small batches
- Made in Europe
- Our valve cover & cylinder protectors are compatible with the standard BMW valve covers. Mounting on Option 719 valve covers is not possible for technical reasons.
- For use with Wunderlich Engine Protection Bars, 31741200 Wunderlich Engine Bar Extension Kit is required
Please Note: Exceptions to model/year fitment
|All R nineT Models
|Fits model from 2021, Euro 5
|All R nineT Models
|Mounting on Option 719 valve covers is not possible for technical reasons