Active Comfort Ergo Seat - Standard
The new generation of ERGO Seats: Well thought at every step of the design, with many innovative solutions. The original seat suffers from an unfavorable form which places undue strain on the tailbone, and the angle of the seat leads many riders to adopt a bad pelvic position. To counter this we use a foam core with completely new contours and a unique fabric, developed with great care and at no little expense.
- Distinctly shaped (concaved) seating area.
- Relief of pressure on the tail bone and optimized weight distribution across the whole seat.
- Improved pillion contours for improved forward hold.
- Progressive double-layer construction with soft upper layer and rigid core for even distribution of forces.
- Uncompromising durability for long distance use.
- Non-slip, anti-perspiration material combined with ''Alcantara'' suede seams.
- Strong ''RoburC'' seat pan of our own construction.
- Classy recessed ''cut'' seams.
- Seams glued and heat sealed on modern PFAFF hot-air welding machines for 100% impermeability.
- Made in Germany.
Please Note: Alongside the standard seat height ("regular") we also offer a lower ("low") version which anchors the rider firmly on the seat, giving the feeling of really sitting "in" the bike. The standard seat is equivalent in height to the standard BMW seat and the low seat is equivalent in height to the BMW low seat. The difference in the foam and materials used in our seat is however far superior. The stock seats have a soft foam core and before long, the foam compresses under your weight and you are actually more or less sitting on the seat pan. Our dense foam does not compress and provides consistent comfort and support. Additionally, the optimized shape ensures optimal comfort for both rider and passenger. The low seat is available under the Related Products tab.
Notes on installation You will need to remove the rubber bumpers from your original seat pan and install them on the new seat. (or order new bumpers from your BMW dealer) Our seat pan incorporates a document holder, much like the original seat pan however, the pan has no provision for tool storage.