Our two-part engine guard for the S1000 XR offers maximum protection and maximum lean angle freedom at minimum weight. With its slender shape, it blends harmoniously with the design layout and lines of the new, large XR.
In contrast to the original safety bar, our design does not require the fairing to be detached at the upper, frame-side attachment point. The geometry of the safety bar is designed in such a way that it is not necessary to cut out the fairing in order to screw it to the frame. Notching or cutting out the cladding involves the risk of damaging the cladding, so that it may have to be repainted at great expense. All this is not necessary with our protective frame! The engine guard can be easily retrofitted because the original shape of the fairing is retained.
Special Silent Bearing for the Protection Guard of the S 1000 XR: vibration-decoupled fastening of the motor protection bracket halves at the top of the frame and at the bottom of the motor. On the frame side the bracket is screwed in the conventional way. On the motor side we use a specially developed silent bearing. The lower ends of the motor protection bracket are inserted axially into the silent bearing. The three-part silent bearing consists of the aluminum bearing screwed to the motor housing and two internal O-rings. An O-ring is arranged inside the bearing for vibration decoupling and as a stop damper. The second serves as a radial guide. The shore hardness of the O-rings is determined in such a way that despite the decoupling, a secure, positive fit of the motor protection bracket is guaranteed. This serves to decouple the motor from the bracket bolted to the frame in terms of vibration and thus prevents the undesired transmission of vibrations and oscillations. In the event of a fall, the motor guard is supported by the O-ring at the inner stop of the Silent Bearing, which acts as a vibration and stop damper and absorbs the axial forces. The second O-ring absorbs the radial forces and absorbs additional energy.
- Easy installation
- The two-part motor protection bracket offers maximum protection
- Maximum freedom from leaning at minimum weight
- Slim, integrated form, functional design
- Easy retrofitting, as the cladding does not need to be modified
- Special silent bearings for vibration-decoupled, positive-locking fastening
- Avoids the undesired transmission of vibrations and coupling oscillations
- The rubber-elastic ring elements used in the Silent storage system absorb additional energy in the event of a fall or overturn
- Includes all the necessary mounting materials
- Tube diameter: 22.5/12.5 mm
- Precision steel tube
- Carefully bent on CNC tube bending machines
- Cleanly welded
- Black powder-coated
- Silent bearing, high-quality aluminum, O-rings as vibration dampers
- Wunderlich Premium Product
- Produced in small batches
- Made by hand.
- Made in Germany