Dry Safe Oil Filler Plug Kit
Put an end to the weeping oil filler plug, once and for all!
The original oil filler plug of your bike screws into a plastic insert that's merely pushed into the valve cover. In most cases, it's not the oil filler plug that leaks, but rather the outer ring is the culprit. In addition, the original insert has a small tab that's supposed to keep the insert from turning in the opening. Often times this too fails. If the oil filler plug is accidently over-tightened, the tab can become damaged, resulting in the insert turning along with the plug.
This part is perfectly machined of aluminum and anodized. A two-piece, o-ring sealed assembly replaces the original plastic insert. The parts are screwed together and further secured with screws, making this a very effective and permanent, leak-proof solution. The tamper resistant filler plug that we developed for the R1200 motor is then screwed into this assembly. The result is a great looking oil filler plug that will stop the annoying oil leak as well as would be vandals.
- Conversion from the leak-prone, sabotage vulnerable plastic construction to a threaded, R1200 type filler plug.
- Absolutely leak-proof plus theft and tamperproof .
- The oil filler plug can only be removed with a special key.
- One-piece, indestructible filler plug.
- Larger than original opening diameter for easier oil filling.
- The assembly will not spin in the valve cover.
- Beautiful, anodized finish.
- The key includes a ring and can be used as keychain.
- Special key is included and a spare is available (see under the Related Products)
- Easy installation requires removal of valve cover.
Please Note: The associated video contains slightly incorrect information. The screws used to tighten the threaded ring are replaced with set screws after the ring has been tightened. Please carefully review the supplied instruction manual or download it by clicking on the link above.