My Cart: 0 item(s)
Description Reviews Video Bike Fitment
Active Comfort Seat - Standard
The new generation of ERGO seats: Well-thought through at every step of the design, with many innovative solutions. The original seat suffers from an unfavorable form which places undue strain on the tail bone, and the angle of the seat leads many riders to adopt a bad pelvic position. To counter this we use a foam core with completely new contours and a unique fabric, developed with great care at no little expense.
- Distinctly shaped (concaved) seating area.
- Relief of pressure on the tail bone and optimized weight distribution across the whole seat.
- Improved pillion contour for improved hold to the front.
- Progressive double-layer construction with soft upper layer and rigid core for even distribution of forces.
- Uncompromising durability for long distance use.
- Non-slip, anti-perspiration material combined with ultra suede cording.
- Seat height:"Standard" - 800mm (31 in.)
- Strong "RoburC" shell of our own design.
- Classy recessed "cut" seams.
- Seams glued and heat-sealed on modern PFAFF hot-air welding machines for 100% impermeability.
- Design by Nicolas Petit (Paris).
- Made in Germany.
Write a review
4.25/5 Stars out of 8 Reviews
Andre Beese | August 30th, 2022
I purchased this seat after reading as much about the various option available for my 2009 R1200R. For my frame, 6-2 and 200 lbs, this lived right up to the reviews I read. And yes, it is not cheap, but I forgot about the price pretty quickly after my first get on and go. Compared to the OE seat, I am now finding an even higher level of enjoyment.
Paul | January 31st, 2021
Having recently received the new Wunderlich comfort seat for my 2013 R1200R Classic my first impressions are of a well made product. The fit conforms to the bike very well. It in fact closes the gap-to-tank dimension of the factory seat on my bike. The only element that is a little off is the rear curvature of the new seat as it fits against the existing rear plastic tail indentation but it is not terribly noticeable. The new seat is elevated a bit more in comparison to my factory seat but at 6 feet with a 33 inseam it really is a nice ergonomic change to be a little higher. The cost of the comfort seat is a bit high but given where it is coming from, the quality/design and of course a profit margin I can see the argument for the expense. The design of the seat really transforms the bike and enhances the look overall. It’s a great compliment to the Wunderlich fairing I installed last year. Thumbs up on all accounts.
Steve R | August 26th, 2018
Very high quality seat that has the perfect level of firmness and ergos for me. Only flaw is the gap between the front of the seat and the tank. Very pricey as with most Wunderlich products. Seat height is high, not standard, but that’s what I needed a anyway.
Show All Reviews
BMW R1200 R
2006 · 2007 · 2008 · 2009 · 2010 · 2011 · 2012 · 2013 · 2014