Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde for the BMW R1250 GS & R1250 GSA or R1200 GS & R1200 GSA
This Bolt on Ready Kit includes Everything You Need in one Package
Includes the following Jekill & Hyde Exhaust Components
- Pipes: Nomad Available in Black or Pearl Grey
- Endcaps: Hexagon Carbon Gloss
- Electronics: Modeswitch Classic X for Smartbox
- Heat shield: Carbon Fiber
There have been rumors and you may have heard about it on occasion… but now it is official: Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde is launching a new and upgraded exhaust system for the BMW R 1200/1250 GS and GSA models. You can now pre-order The Nomad!
The Nomad as you know it, has been upgraded on all fronts and does not only provide the rider with the already known advantages of Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde, but it also takes them to the next level! With an amazing sound and a design that is second to none, the ‘new’ Nomad is a force to be reckoned with.
Make every beat count!The Nomad has the characteristic features that you know from Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde. You can adjust your sound to the moment with a simple push of a button on the handlebar. The Dr. Jekill Mode is even more silent than the original exhaust, which makes it perfect to ride in crowded areas or when you want to become one with your surroundings. Let your bike roar and feel the power of your legendary Boxer engine as soon as you unleash Mr. Hyde. Deep and rumbling, yet never ‘too much’, the Mr. Hyde mode is perfect when taking the unbeaten path. Last but now least the Nomad offers the Dynamic mode in between; present, yet still subtle, the Dynamic Mode is the ideal setting when you want to experience the power of your BMW, but still leave some room for more.
Choose Your Adventure // The Sound
|Dr. Jekill Mode|
|Mr. Hyde Mode|
Equipped with three different sound modes the exhaust boosts a beautiful, deep rumble (Mr. Hyde mode), tamed Mr. Hyde sound with a little more presence than the Dr. Jekill sound (Dynamic Mode), as well as a calm, low-key but distinctive sound (Dr. Jekill mode).
USE YOUR HEADPHONES FOR THE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE
Listen and enjoy the different sound modes of the Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde Nomad exhaust for BMW R1250 GS and R1250 GS Adventure.
Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde's sound engineers have used the character of the Boxer engine as a guideline in all sound modes. We are sincerely proud of the sound and product that Jekill & Hyde have created. The power of the engine is perfectly transmitted to the rumbling sound coming out of the Nomad. But don't take our word for it. Listen for yourself in the video below. And if it is (again) possible, experience it live at our showroom in Hendersonville, North Carolina. A Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde exhaust is something you have to experience in real life, in order to fully appreciate the sound and truly feel it.
FITS LIKE A GLOVE
Form follows function. Jekill & Hyde's motto when creating The Nomad for BMW GS Models. But this doesn't mean they've taken it easy. On the contrary - the result is something to be proud of and fits the R1250 GS and GSA like a glove. They chose a design that blends in perfectly with the design of the bike as a whole.
Electronically adjustable exhaust! Adjust your sound to the moment!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Nomad contains different electronic control units to ensure the best street legal sound and ultimate performance.
1. Modeswitch -The electronically controlled and adjustable system allows riders to open and close the exhaust valve with the push of a button mounted on the handlebar. The button is fully weather-resistant and flickers a red light when activated for your convenience.
2. Smartbox - The electronic control unit in our exhaust systems is the brain of our product. Thanks to its ability to read CAN bus signals coming from the motorcycle’s ECU, the Smartbox makes sure you will not end up on the wrong side of the law no matter what mode you select. By committing the system to the parameters set by EU legislation, the Smartbox will seamlessly and subtly intervene if necessary.
3. Servomotors - By pressing the modeswitch, the Smartbox will send a signal to the servomotors. These will react and position the valve in the required mode. Thanks to a dual-cable operation the servo motors can switch back and forth between the open Mr. Hyde mode and closed Dr. Jekill mode, or engage the 50% opened Dynamic mode. The servomotors are equipped with heavy duty cables and a 100% waterproof seal to ensure strong and durable adjusters.
4. The Valve -Reacting to the servomotors our patented valve system will be positioned in the required mode, giving you the sound mode you want.
PACK UP AND RIDE!
FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH A SET OF CASES
To take the BMW GS on an adventure you need to be prepared. A set of cases is your go-to option when you start your journey.
That is why the new Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde Nomad exhaust system for the BMW adventure models is fully compatible with a set of cases on the bike.
The exhaust perfectly fits, and the heat does not affect the cases. It goes without saying that this has been extensively investigated by their engineers and test-riders. Time to pack up and ride!
Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde | The Exhaust offers a completely street legal, premium quality exhaust with 4 years warranty. Their exhaust system makes it possible to choose between three different sound modes on the fly, which makes every ride spectacular!
The Exhaust is a result of German engineering and Dutch craftsmanship. With state of the art technology, perfectly crafted by the best engineers in town. With computer simulations, the building of prototypes and extensive testing, they've created a tailor made exhaust for each and every bike. By riders, for riders.
Adjust your sound to the moment with three sound modes
Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde systems embody three distinct personalities: the Dr. Jekill mode, the Dynamic mode and the Mr. Hyde mode. By a simple push of a button a valve inside the muffler closes, opens, or opens halfway, giving your exhaust more power and sound. This gives you all the tools to adjust your sound to the moment.
Many riders might only consider the appearance and sound, but the pipe quality is essential for your exhaust to continue performing at its peak. Therefore we take pride in the quality and durability of Jekill & Hyde products. All exhausts are made to last, designed and manufactured with longevity in mind. They need to withstand all kinds of extreme (weather) conditions and extreme heat. Therefore they are thoroughly tested, before going into production.
When all the tests are passed and an exhaust becomes available to the public, only the highest quality materials are used for the production which are all sourced from trusted suppliers in Europe. Absolutely no compromises have been made on quality.